Thursday, April 12, 2007

Office Tank Week One



This week I set up my first Saltwater tank. I set this up in my office at work on my desk. The tank is only 5.5 gallons which not only qualifies it as a "nano-tank" but also qualifies it as a "pico-tank" from what I've been told. I hope to track the progress of the tank here.



So this picture is on day 2. You might notice that you don't really see much in the tank. There is some gravel in the tank. Gravel?! you might say...in a saltwater tank?! Well, the beaches where I grew up in CA have this instead of sand. It's very beautiful with lots of colors and is mostly made up of small peices of Jade. So it seemed like a good idea. I haven't added any rock, corals, or fish because that takes time. You might also notices that you don't really see filters etc. That's because the tank has 2 holes drilled in it that are plumbed to a canister filter under my desk. This provides the water flow. The canister will be filled with live rock which will work as a biological filter for the tank.



Well seeing as how I've now written much more about having set up a tank than my previous post about Sonya and I expecting our first child, I should probably end this post. I will try to post weekly pics of the tank so that you can track it's progress. I'll also try to get a better camera to take the pictures with (I took this one with my phone.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about weekly pics of Sonya's belly instead? Not that I won't be counting the minutes to see the next pictures of your empty tank...FASCINATING.

Anonymous said...

so, where's the week 2 picture?