Thursday, May 03, 2007

pie

I was just reading some documentation for VMware resource management and it had an interesting example in it that got me thinking. The example was dealing with dividing resources and it compared it to pieces of pie. So I'll pose the question as this.

If you were given one piece of pie and your sister was given two pieces of pie, who would have more pie?

This is where my wife would say, "I don't understand you smart people; sometimes you can be so clueless."

Now most of you would probably say the sister is getting more pie, but for people like me and the people that wrote the VMware documentation we have to say I don't know. It depends on if the sizes of pie are all the same. It's this kind of thinking that sets people like me apart and makes me do poorly on standardized tests. And it's thinking like this that sometimes makes my wife think I'm pretty stupid sometimes. :-) Sometimes she's right ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what you're so worried about...you don't even like pie. And as your sister, I can say that I will always have more pie.

Anonymous said...

Bring back the office tank!